Areas of expertise
- International Political Economy
- Multilevel Governance and Decentralization
- Public Policy
- Local Economic Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Decentralization and Local Governance
- Foreign Direct Investment
Kuswanto is currently a Senior Research Fellow at CSEAS Indonesia and Senior Officer at Directorat General of Regional Autonomy, Ministry of Home Affairs.
He holds Ph. D International Political Economy from University of Groningen, The Netherlands and Master Urban and Regional Planning from University of Colorado Denver, USA. He graduated his bachelor from National Institute of Local Governance, West Java majoring in Public Administration.
- Kuswanto (2020) Achieving Sustainable Development from Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of FDI Policies in Indonesia. Policy Brief Series Vol 1 Number 1 January – February 2020, Center for Southeaset Asian Studies, Indonesia.
- Kuswanto, Herman W. Hoen and R. Holzhacker (2017) Bargaining between Local Governments and Multinational Corporations in a decentralized governance system: the cases of Ogan Komering Ilir and Banyuwangi District in Indonesia Asia Pacific Journal of Public Administration, 39:3, 189- 201, DOI: 10.1080/23276665.2017.1368246.
- Kuswanto, K, Hoen, H., Holzhacker, R. (2015) Decentralization, Foreign Direct Investment and Development in Indonesia in R.L Holzhacker, R. Wittek and J. Woltjer (Eds.) Decentralization and Governance in Indonesia. (pp 105 – 143), Cham, Heidelberg, New York, Dordrecht, London: Springer.